What is Sepsis?
- Sepsis is a global healthcare problem with a high risk of death
- It impacts an estimated 30 million people per year worldwide
- It is more common than a heart attack and claims more lives than any cancer
- It may lead to shock, multiple organ failure, and death, especially if not recognized early and treated promptly
- Sepsis can be prevented through education and early intervention
The Global Sepsis Alliance
Global Sepsis Alliance Vision and mission “A World Free of Sepsis” with the mission of reducing sepsis incidence by 20% by 2020.
Learn more about Sepsis
(Click to enlarge)
bioMérieux has a long-standing commitment to the prevention and management of sepsis through dedicated diagnostic solutions and educational initiatives.
Since 2012, we side with the GSA and local sepsis organizations in order to fight sepsis and raise awareness on this worldwide burden.
Free educational resources and tools
bioMérieux has developed a collection of educational booklets on key Diagnostics/Healthcare topics.
We invite you to download the selection below !
For diagnosis and guidance of antibiotic therapy
A key investigation for diagnosis of bloodstream infections
A practical guide to implementation in hospitals
Do you want to learn more about Sepsis Management? Visit our website now.